Stratford is a large Northwich motor, built by W.J. Yarwood & Sons for the G.U.C.C.Co. and delivered in late 1936.
Stratford has a long working history, having passed from the G.U.C.C.Co. to the British Transport Commission (eventually British Waterways), been leased to Willow Wren and sold to Alfred Matty and Sons, not reaching private ownership until 1987.
She is unconverted and clothed.
She has a well fitted out traditionally decorated steel cabin, containing a Premier stove.
The engine room is largely original, containing a Petter PD2 with electric start.
She was re-bottomed and re-footed at Brinklow in 2002, at which time the knees were removed, de-scaled and re-riveted.
In autumn 2019 the inside of the hold was shot blasted and painted with 2-pack paint at Industry Narrowboats. At this time a large section of wooden gunnel was also replaced and other minor works carried out.
The hold has a complete set of shuts and currently contains a large number of 20/25 litre water containers used as ballast.
Most recently blacked May 2020. BSC to October 2024.
Sensible offers considered.
Please contact by e-mail for any further details and information, thank you.
|Vessel type:||ex-working narrowboat|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Petter PD2|
|Length over all:||71' 6"|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.